Since 2006 the lecturer innovative science conducted training for university undergraduates to create social projects using ICT. On the basis of this experience was initiated educational startup “Make the best city” (authors – Hope Balik, Galina Shmyher, certificate of registration of copyright №61647).
This startup is implemented on the basis of:
- project-based learning;
- іnnovation as part of the academic culture at the university;
- рartnership: University – community – business;
- a new form of leadership – cooperation, take responsibility, I suggest;
- competition Master project “Make a better city.”
Participants startup get a new look at the scope of civic education projects in Ternopil, new knowledge to develop their projects through the use of ICT technologies, skills training and project successfully pass all stages of planning – from concept to digital resources project.
- more than 2 thousand undergraduates and graduate students were participants in the educational startup;
- created more than 1.5 thousand portfolio socially-oriented, scientific and educational projects in the contest “Make the best city”;
- the site of the competition – www.konkurs.tnpu.edu.ua;
- master project “Trolley happiness” was a finalist Ukrainian competition “The best social projects Ukraine 2015”;
- startup partners are: Ternopil City Council, public organizations “Band!” and “Harmony M”, the Rotary Club of Ternopil, Ternopil municipal methodical center of scientific – educational innovations and monitoring the regional Department of Education Toda, heads of educational institutions.