Department of Computer Science and Teaching Techniques of Volodymyr Hnatiuk Ternopil National University is working towards the integration of research, education and innovation.
Building a knowledge economy by creating a system of transfer of intellectual activity of department staff and dissemination of advanced educational practices.
Areas of activity
- development and implementation of technologies for electronic and distance learning;
- scientific grounding and methodological support for cloud computing technologies.
- formation of educational research and innovative body that implements cluster integration of research and education centers of the Department;
- development of a modern STEM-education and lifelong learning;
- development of social partnership as a means of professionalization, socialization and self-fulfillment of students and teachers.
- development and implementation of portable training courses with distance support;
- creation of a competency-based training by involving practicing scientists to teach specialized courses;
- creation of scientific methodological body for profession-oriented schools following the activity approach and competency-based approach.
On the department function
- Scientific e-learning laboratory;
- Joint scientific laboratory on the employment of “cloud computing” technology in education in Volodymyr Hnatiuk Ternopil National Pedagogical University and in the Institute of Information Technologies and Learning Tools of National Academy of Educational Sciences of Ukraine;
- Joint international (Ukraine-Poland) “Computer methods of structuring lexical semantics” scientific laboratory.
- International Training Center “Educational Innovation”. International Training Center “Educational Innovation” was created in Volodymyr Hnatiuk Ternopil National Pedagogical University at the Department of Computer Science and Teaching Techniques together with State Higher Vocational School in Nowy Sacz (Poland) (a partnership agreement on cooperation from 20.12.2013), and Bielsko-Biala University (Poland) (cooperation agreement №RU \ 06 \ 01 \ 2014);
- Scientific STEM Center “Digital erudites”.